Electronics & Telecommunication
The department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering has been established in the year 2010 with a sanctioned intake of 60 students. In view of future demand in this field the intake was increased to 120 in the year 2012. The post graduate program in Signal processing was started with a sanctioned intake of 24 in 2012. The faculty is highly qualified, dynamic and experienced. The department is consistently achieving good academic results. The department has strong research groups in digital signal and image processing, speech processing, VLSI Design and Embedded Systems. The faculty members are having many research papers in national and international journals and conferences to their credit. The department has a good academic culture and conducive working environment for teaching learning, research and development. All classrooms are air-conditioned and equipped with latest teaching aids like LCD Projector. All the computers in department are connected through networking with internet facility. Department is constantly taking efforts for the co-curricular & extra-curricular activities. Department organizes different events for students such as series of expert lectures, workshops, national level paper presentations, project competitions, circuit debugging competitions etc. to give exposure to students. The students of this department are very active and they do participate in National and international events. Department executes Industrial visits for third year and final year students to meet theory and practical concepts. The students publish their articles through Wall magazines
To be a preferred destination for education in Electronics and Telecommunication engineering leading to societal growth.
1. To provide conductive environment to archiving quality in engineering education catering socio-economic education.
2. To tune with emerging challenges by adapting engineering advances.
- PEO 1: Graduate shall have abilities for pursing for professional career.
- PEO 2: Gradute shall have an ability to deal with socio-economic aspect through domain expertise.
- PEO3: Graduate shall have an ability to pursue higher education and be a life-longer learner for acquiring emerging trends.
- Apply the knowledge to identify, formulate and solve problems of power generation, transmission, distribution, protection and high voltage engineering systems under different operating conditions. 2. Implement the fundamentals of electrical measurements, electrical machines, and electronic circuits for design and control applications. 3. Prepare, simulate and analyze the mathematical model of physical electrical systems by using classical and modern tools. 4. Apply professional skills with effective communication to handle the project work and prepare engineering documents.
- PO1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.